SustainUS, United States Youth for Sustainable Development, is calling for submissions to its annual CitizenScience essay contest. This year, the competition theme will focus on the empowerment of rural women and their role in poverty and hunger eradication, sustainable development, and current challenges in line with the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
Here are five reasons why you should enter:
- Share your passion for addressing the world’s toughest challenges through sound science.
- Join the SustainUS delegation to the 56th Session of the UN Commission on Status of Women in New York.
- Present your work and communicate the importance of youth involvement to international leaders.
4. Get published in Citizen Science.
5. Start a relationship with the premier youth-run network for sustainable development, SustainUS!
Winners will have their essays published and a chance to present their work at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women at the UN headquarters in NYC, February 27 – March 9, 2012.
You can find the application and more information at the CitizenScience website at http://sustainus.org/citizen-science. The competition is open to all students ages 13-26. The deadline is on January 17, 2012.