“I find it very interesting that China has more English speakers than the U.S.”
–Will Miller, Department of Defense Dependents Schools
(speaking in his intro video)
The state winners of the National Geographic Bee have been announced! Many of the winners prepared a brief video about themselves and–what else?–the geography of their states. The videos are posted on YouTube on National Geographic’s channel. Here are five of our favorites–if we have to choose😉
- TEXAS: Tiné Valencic, 6th Grade, Colleyville Middle School, Colleyville
- ARIZONA: Arun Yadav, 5th Grade, Greenbrier Elementary School, Glendale
- IDAHO: Karthik Mouli, 6th Grade, Hillside Junior High School, Boise
- WYOMING: Zachery Dubisz, 8th Grade, Star Valley Middle School, Afton
- COLORADO: Isabella Contolini, 6th Grade, Red Rocks Elementary School, Morrison
For more videos, Bee quizzes and information, and the complete list of 2010 finalists, visit the National Geographic Bee website.
Oh, and don’t forget to check out the compelling Why Geography Matters promo video/PSA, produced by Google Earth, the primary sponsor of the National Geographic Bee (not that you need a reminder of “why geography matters”😉
The final round of the Bee will air nationally on May 26 at 6 p.m. ET/PT on the National Geographic Channel.
Produced by National Geographic Television, the finals also will be
broadcast later on public television stations, presented by Maryland
Public Television. Check local listings for viewing dates and times.